Zeolite 3A Molecular Sieve Desiccant for Oil Petroleum Cracking Gas Drying Depth
Description of 3A Molecular Sieve Desiccant:
Molecular sieves are materials containing precise and single tiny pores that can be used to adsorb gases or liquids.
Molecules that are sufficiently small can be absorbed through the pores, while larger molecules cannot. Unlike a regular sieve, it operates on a molecular level. For example, a molecule of water that is small enough to pass through, but a little larger than that, cannot. Therefore, molecular sieves are commonly used as desiccants. A molecular sieve can absorb up to 22% of its own weight in moisture.
Molecular sieves are usually composed of aluminosilicate minerals, but there are also synthetic mixtures or compounds.
Type A molecular sieve is composed of LTA type skeleton structure, and the main crystal pore of type 3A molecular sieve is an eight-membered ring structure.
Specification of 3A Molecular Sieve Desiccant:
|Molecular Sieve 3A Typical Physical Properties|
|Item||Unit||8*12 Mesh||4*6 Mesh|
|Bulk Density||g/ml ≥||0.70-0.82||0.65-0.80|
|Equilibrium Water Capacity @ 25℃||wt% ≥||19.0-21.0||19.0-21.0|
|Equilibrium Ethylene Capacity||mg/g≤||3.0||3.0|
|Heat of Adsorption||BTU/lb of H2O||1800||1800|
|Crush Strength||Point Contact||N ≥||20-58||80-130|
|Attrition Rate||wt% ≤||0.1||0.1|
|Size Qualification||% ≥||98||98|
|Package Moisture||wt% ≤||1.5||1.5|
|The above interval values are based on the different grades of 3A|
Applications of 3A Molecular Sieve Desiccant:
1. Used in oil gas, gas streams of unsaturated hydrocarbon material dehydration of 3A molecular sieve professional;
2. Drying of highly polar compounds, such as methanol and ethanol. It is also used for dehydration of liquid alcohol and solvents;
3. Used for professional kerosene and jet fuel drying;
4. Application of 3a molecular sieve in isopropanol dehydration; Used for natural gas dehydration and prevent the formation of COS;
5. Used in deep desiccation of cracked petroleum gases, such as ethylene, propylene, butadiene, acetylene, and natural gas, and of polar liquid, such as ethanol, LPG, and solvent;
6. Static,(non-regenerative) dehydration of insulating glass units, whether air filled or gas-filled;
7. Drying of refrigerants; dehydration of food-grade carbon dioxide;
Photo of 3A Molecular Sieve Desiccant:
Package of 3A Molecular Sieve Desiccant:
Factory profile of 3A Molecular Sieve Desiccant: