Good Strength Synthetic Zeolite 3A Molecular Sieve Desiccant for Ethanol Drying
Description of 3A Molecular Sieve Desiccant:
Molecular sieve is a material containing precise and single tiny pores that can be used to adsorb gases or liquids.
Small enough molecules can be adsorbed through the channels, while larger molecules cannot. Unlike a normal sieve, it operates at the molecular level. For example, a water molecule is small enough to pass through but a molecule larger than it is not. Therefore, molecular sieves are often used as desiccants. A molecular sieve can absorb up to 22 percent of its own weight in water.
Usually, molecular sieves are composed of aluminosilicate minerals, but also synthetic mixtures or compounds.
A molecular sieve is composed of LTA type skeleton structure, 3A molecular sieve main crystal hole is eight ring structure.
Chemical formula: ⅔ K2O×⅓ Na2O×Al2O3×2 SiO2×4.5 H2O
Specification of 3A Molecular Sieve Desiccant:
|Molecular Sieve 3A Typical Physical Properties|
|Item||Unit||8*12 Mesh||4*6 Mesh|
|Bulk Density||g/ml ≥||0.70-0.82||0.65-0.80|
|Equilibrium Water Capacity @ 25℃||wt% ≥||19.0-21.0||19.0-21.0|
|Equilibrium Ethylene Capacity||mg/g≤||3.0||3.0|
|Heat of Adsorption||BTU/lb of H2O||1800||1800|
|Crush Strength||Point Contact||N ≥||20-58||80-130|
|Attrition Rate||wt% ≤||0.1||0.1|
|Size Qualification||% ≥||98||98|
|Package Moisture||wt% ≤||1.5||1.5|
|The above interval values are based on the different grades of 3A|
Applications of 3A Molecular Sieve Desiccant:
1. Used in oil gas, gas streams of unsaturated hydrocarbon material dehydration of 3A molecular sieve professional;
2. Drying of highly polar compounds, such as methanol and ethanol. It is also used for dehydration of liquid alcohol and solvents;
3. Used for professional kerosene and jet fuel drying;
4. Application of 3a molecular sieve in isopropanol dehydration; Used for natural gas dehydration and prevent the formation of COS;
5. Used in deep desiccation of cracked petroleum gases, such as ethylene, propylene, butadiene, acetylene, and natural gas, and of polar liquid, such as ethanol, LPG, and solvent;
6. Static,(non-regenerative) dehydration of insulating glass units, whether air filled or gas-filled;
7. Drying of refrigerants; dehydration of food-grade carbon dioxide;
Photo of 3A Molecular Sieve Desiccant:
Package of 3A Molecular Sieve Desiccant:
Factory profile of 3A Molecular Sieve Desiccant: