3a Molecular Sieve For Oil , Air Separation , Natural Gas Processes
Molecular Sieve 3A is made from zeolite powder 3A (>70%) and binder. Zeolite powder 3A is a potassium-based type A zeolite, which is generated by replacing part of sodium cation in 4 angstrom sieve. Molecular sieve 3A is usually used for dehydration. Since it only adsorb molecule with the diameter less than 3 angstroms. Molecular sieve 3A is a perfect adsorbent if you only want to remove water from the gas mixture in most condition. Molecular Sieve 3A have the shape of beads and pallets.
|Molecular Sieve 3A Typical Physical Properties|
|Item||Unit||8*12 Mesh||4*6 Mesh|
|Bulk Density||g/ml ≥||0.70-0.82||0.65-0.80|
|Equilibrium Water Capacity @ 25℃||wt% ≥||19.0-21.0||19.0-21.0|
|Equilibrium Ethylene Capacity||mg/g≤||3.0||3.0|
|Heat of Adsorption||BTU/lb of H2O||1800||1800|
|Crush Strength||Point Contact||N ≥||20-58||80-130|
|Attrition Rate||wt% ≤||0.1||0.1|
|Size Qualification||% ≥||98||98|
|Package Moisture||wt% ≤||1.5||1.5|
|The interval value of the indexes above are on the basis of the different grade of Molecular Sieve 3A|
1. Zeolite molecular sieve 3A is used for drying of unsaturated hydrocarbons (e.g. ethylene, propylene, butadiene)
2. Zeolite molecular sieve 3A is used in deep desiccation of cracked petroleum gases, such as ethylene, propylene, butadiene, acetylene and natural gas, and of the polar liquid, such as ethanol, LPG and solvent
3. Zeolite molecular sieve 3A is used in the drying of natural gas, if COS minimization is essential, or a minimum co-adsorption of hydrocarbons is required
4. Zeolite molecular sieve 3A is used in the drying of highly polar compounds, such as methanol and ethanol
5. Zeolite molecular sieve 3A is used in the drying of refrigerants (e.g. R22, R134a etc)
6. Zeolite molecular sieve 3A is used in dehydration of benzene, toluene, xylene and other solvents
7. Zeolite molecular sieve 3A is used in static, (non-regenerative) dehydration of insulating glass units
The molecular sieve shall be stored at room temperature, in which the relative humidity does not exceed 90%, and be not exposed to air, and prevented against water, acids and alkalizes.
1. The product cannot be exposed in the open air and should be stored in dry condition with the air-proof package.
2. The product should be regenerated after a certain period of adsorption. The appropriate regenerated temperature would be better below 350°C.